There are a lot of illnesses that cause hair loss. At Louticia's Hair Essentials, we help you be the best version of you with custom hair systems or prosthesis wigs. When you're experiencing health issues, how you feel about yourself is important.
Self care for each person is determined by which practices best promote their wellbeing in mind, body and soul. And some of the best self care practices include simple actions that easily incorporate into your lifestyle. For example, cooking healthy food, taking a quick walk, or listening to music.
Although self care doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming, it can be what you want! The point is, being the best version of you can be whatever gives you joy.
Being The Best Version Of You
Certain health conditions or diseases such as cancer makes us feel frustrated or helpless. But there are things we can do to gain a sense of control. Obviously, we can't change cancer. However, we can make decisions about self care for ourselves. In fact, it's way one to sort of get back in the driver's seat.
When we practice self care, we build resilience, pay attention to our needs, and even strengthen reserves. And remember, self care is not the same thing as self-indulgent. Instead, self care is a crucial part of your health and happiness.
Did you know that self care can reduce the adverse effects of stress, anxiety and sleep disturbances? Well, it can. It can also help you build focus and prevent overload.
During stressful times, you may find that your previous self care strategies no longer work. New situations often require new approaches. With this in mind, here are a few self care ideas to get you started so that you can be the best version of you.
- Eat nourishing foods. If you are a cancer patient, your dietitian can offer guidance.
- Prioritize sleep. It's essential for our mind and body.
- Start a hobby. Make time for things that make you feel fulfilled. For example, baking, crafting, going for walks, reading, or reading.
- Get a massage. Increases relaxation while reducing stress. Reduces pain and muscle soreness and tension. Improves circulation, energy and alertness.
- Meditate. Slow down and find quiet time for your mind and body.
- Start a journal. Journaling can help you work through your emotions, especially when you're feeling anxious or sad. It can also help you grow, become more self-aware, and gain meaningful insights.
- Do light exercise. Before beginning a new fitness regiment, ask your doctor for clearance.
- Spend time with loved ones. If you only have energy for a cup of tea with a treasured friend, so be it.
- Protect your time. This could mean saying 'no' when feeling overwhelmed.
Most importantly, be kind to yourself. Whether you're experiencing health issues or not, it's all about figuring out what's right for you. And sometimes that means getting cozy on the couch with a cup of tea and a good movie. Take care!
You may also enjoy: Types of Natural Hair For Human Hair Wigs